Sunday, September 2, 2012

Coffee Macarons

Happy father’s day to all the dads out there! Today is C’s first father’s day and I really wanted to make it memorable! It’s been a crazy busy week, in fact, most weeks have been that way now and yep, I am falling behind in my weekly baking posts! Oh well, it was bound to happen!

C loves coffee and anything coffee flavoured (just as well since he does run his own cafe) so I wanted to make him coffee flavoured macarons.  
 
I had to whip up this batch in the spare few minutes I had (which seems to be the story of my life so far!) and while I’m pleased with how these macarons look, I’m not entirely happy with their texture.*  Argh! It just goes to show that no matter how many times I make macarons, they cannot be rushed!

The coffee ganache is delicious however! I ended up just eating the leftover ganache on it’s own.  Just as well I went for a run afterwards hehe! 

Anyway, happy father’s day C! You are an amazing father to our baby girl!
*PS -  The texture turned out perfectly - I just needed to let these macarons rest a good couple of hours so that the ganache softened the shell.  Overall, really happy with how these macs turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment