Sunday, December 30, 2012

Passionfruit Mousse

So after the official afternoon tea function in October, I said to myself, never again!  That's not to say that it didn't go well, in fact, the compliments I received were really humbling and it couldn't have been more of a success! But it was the stress that got to me! Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a natural stress head and perfectionist and being such an amateur baker, I have to admit I found the task, well, stressful! Let's just say, behind the scenes in the kitchen, you did not want to be near me! C can attest to that!

Just this weekend, a very dear and close couple to us came to visit from London.  They've been tracking the posts I put up on the blog and on facebook about my baking adventures and have always commented about wanting to sample a bit of sweet pea creations!! So it was only fitting that I took my afternoon tea out of early retirement! 

I am very pleased to say that this time around, the behind the scenes action in the kitchen were actually very boring! A sign that things were going smoothly and seamlessly! No stuff ups! Such a stark contrast to the last event!

Given the desserts in an afternoon tea are usually very sweet, I wanted to balance all the sweetness with a tart and light dessert.  I love passionfruit, so I attempted this passionfruit mousse.  I used the recipe from a blog by Daily Delicious (found here).  The recipe is very quick and easy, perfect when you're pressed for time!

The flavour was definitely there, it had what I think is the perfect ratio of tart to sweet.  Although I found that the mousse wasn't as light as I would have liked it - it was too gelatinous for me. 

All in all, I was very happy with this afternoon tea - it's exactly what I needed to give me inspiration to pursue a future in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment